Sunday, March 27, 2011

BETHANY HOSPITAL



Had a really nice evening with Dr. Stephen Alfred and his wife CLaire and their boys, Joshua & Benjamin. The kids have just shot up -- I can't believe how big they have got!

They had just finished up exams which is a very stressful time for sure -- and especially for Joshua who is having to take placement exams for colleges. After a really nice dinner -- Stephen took me over to the new hospital. I think it was about 2 1/2 years ago that I had posted about the hospital when they just broke ground - - I have a shot of the foundation and the rooms in the basement with the extra thick walls of cement that were being fit for Radiation equipment.

The Hospital is 6 floors and will have a capacity of about 250 Beds I think. It is beautiful inside and much of the equipment has been donated by Franklin Graham and Samaritans Purse.

Bethany Trust has funded the private hospital which now operates under the name LOK Hospital -- That hospital is also the covering for Jeevan Sahara Kendra -- and the beginning of the AIDS ministry came out of Dr. Stephens vision to see these people reached. I am so grateful for the friendship we have formed over the years -- Stephen has been really supportive of me and my ministry and has extended his hospitality to other countries around the world as I have been traveling.

They are patiently waiting for the last bit of "Red Tape" to clear so they can move in . .. they have to pay the bills even though they are not occupying so please keep them in your prayers!

All the best to Bethany Hospital and May God bless each person who walks through those doors!

No comments: