Sunday, February 20, 2011

DOMMERU/ DAY ONE - EVENING







Once a month NICE Mission does an outdoor gospel meeting wherein they invite the whole village area to come. They have different people share from the word, lead worship, sing special songs and people testify about how the love of Jesus has changed their lives.

I was going to be sharing my testimony and how God had done a work in my life as someone who is living with AIDS. It was really cool to see the way that they laid out mats on the dirt and coverings that the women and children came and sat on and then there were chairs in the back that were mostly occupied by Men.

They had a good sound system and, typical of India, it was CRANKING . . .almost too loud for me!

Mr. Smirnu was my translator and he did a really good job - -poor guy -- all day of translating -- he was exhausted by the end of the day!

I spoke from Psalm 116:1-6, 9-11 and shared my testimony and sang a few songs -- we had a really good time together and ended with a time of prayer for a large group of the people. It felt pretty amazing to sing in the open air with those songs going out into the night sky . . .

There was a young Muslim boy that came who I would meet the next day . . . very cool kid.

No comments: