Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 19, 2011 - 10 Year Anniversary


I wanted to write a short post which was in no way a reflection of the significance of it, but just to Thank God for His blessings and power in my life. I celebrated a 10 year anniversary of being clean and sober on January 19th -- while I was on my journey to India. And it is significant -- because it seems since that day -- I have always been on a journey somewhere -- God has done so many amazing things.

I would have never thought that by walking away from the hold of alcohol and drugs and all the things in my life that I could not or would not face for whatever reason and submitting myself fully to the will of the Lord -- that He would take me, wash me clean, start a new healing process and set me loose around the world to testify of His love. I have been able to share about Him in the United States, Canada, Europe, South Africa, Uganda, Egypt, Guatemala, India, Nepal, Tibet, China and to see many incredible life-changing miracles. With my own AIDS diagnosis in 2001 -- I thought it was going to be the end of my life -- but it was actually a portal by which God used the threat of my own death as a doorway to life -- and in turn it would be a chance to share His life with others around the world. Especially to those that are infected or affected by HIV/AIDS.

I have by no means arrived -- in fact I think the closer I try and get to God, I am even more aware of my need for the Love of Jesus Christ -- and its power to transform me -- but I am confident of the grace and mercy that he continues to show me and that every day and even moment that I choose to turn to Him -- that He can take my normal life and make it extra-ordinary.

"He who seeks to save his life will loose it, but He who seeks to loose his life for my sake will find it."

To all those who have supported me in ways that are known or unknown to you - -I say thank you . . . and may we all walk in what He created us for!

Peace
John

No comments: