Friday, October 3, 2008

HYDERABAD BAPTIST YOUTH CONFERENCE





Ok -- it was a bit overwhelming coming into the parking lot and seeing that big banner with my name on it as an Evangelist and the tents out front. I had such an intimate time with a group of about 100 or so a few weeks back in the youth group -- and this was very large and had a different feeling. It took a bit for me to get used to it as there was a large choir -- there was a huge screen on the platform and the sound system was booming. At first I was seated near it and I think I am still deaf (ha ha).

They had some of the guys do a dance number called Time from DC talk that was really cool -- and the choir sounded good also. Solomon (who is Pastor David's brother) is the Music Minister -- a very talented guy who studied music in the states.

The women put fresh flowers in the church along the railing on every level of the balcony -- they looked beautiful.

I was the main speaker in the English Service which was from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm and then Rev. Samuel was the main speaker in the Telegu Service - which took place from 2:30 - 6:00 pm. As I opened up with a song "Word of God Speak" it helped me to focus and to just speak from the word of God and share my story -- in time the room grew comfortable and God gave me boldness -- I spoke from Psalm 116 and also shared from my testimony and sang. Here are a few photos. The first one is out front -- the second is a shot from the back of the church, the third is Pastor David and the fourth is (from far Right) Rev. Samuel (founding Pastor & David's Dad) and his mom) and other leaders in the Church Eldership.

They expected about 5,000 people -- David said the count was way over that and they actually ran out of food.

No comments: