Monday, September 29, 2008

REST IN PEACE


If you look at the woman in the beige jacket in the center of the photo - -her name is Victoria. She is the woman in a few photos down on the page where I was praying with Wickus in her little room in Princess Settlement. That was on Sunday, September 21st in the afternoon. On her bedside table I saw the medicine that she had -- it was vitamin C and vitamin B -- no ARV's -- Wickus brought her to the hospital on Monday September 22nd. He was told from the doctor that she had a bad cold. She was discharged 4 days later. She came to visit church on Sunday, September 28th and was seated outside afterwards to visit with a few people before she was brought back to her room in Princess Settlement. She died in her sleep that night at 9:30pm. I just got the news from Pastor Cyril.

Even her own sister did not know what was wrong with her -- she left this planet without the people closest to her even knowing that she had AIDS -- It was confirmed later that is what she had. So much farther to go regarding Stigma and this disease. May Victoria Rest In Peace.

1 comment:

GreginLaLa said...

That is both heartbreaking and outrageous! I'm so sorry for her, although I believe she's in a much better place now. I guess it's more heartbreaking for those who are in a similar position. What needs to be done about this? And what can I do?