Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A REFUGE FOR YOUNG BOYS


This was a home that I visited -- I won't share the name or the location. All of these young boys are living with HIV/AIDS and are being taken care of by a gentleman and a very small staff. He has dedicated his life to seeing that these kids have a good life. They are treated at a local clinic with medications and attend school just like anyone else. They are always living in fear of stigma -- if the neighbors in the community find out that there are kids living with HIV near them -- they would protest and have them thrown out -- so many issues that we don't even consider. I am grateful for my time with them and pray God's blessing and protection over their lives!

1 comment:

Mo said...

What a bunch of adorable faces! And the smiles just make me glow. I stand with you in prayer, not only for them, but for what you are doing too.